This Pumpkin Crunch Cake has all of the flavor (and texture) of a traditional pumpkin pie in a super easy recipe.
Simple to make, this recipe starts with a cake mix and a can of pumpkin and ends with an amazing fall dessert.
What is Pumpkin Crunch Cake?
- This is an easy dessert that reminds me of pumpkin pie.
- Since it makes a 9×13 pan, it’s perfect to feed a crowd.
- Pumpkin crunch cake is best made ahead so it’s the perfect holiday dessert.
- It’s super quick and easy to make with a box of yellow cake mix sprinkled over a pumpkin base!
Ingredients in Pumpkin Crunch Cake
PUMPKIN MIXTURE: This recipe uses the same ingredients you’d add to pumpkin pie.
Canned pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice.
CAKE MIX: A standard yellow cake mix is what I usually use but try another flavor (like spice cake mix) to change it up.
TOPPING: Chopped pecans complement the pumpkin flavor, but so will walnuts or even toasted coconut.
How to Make Pumpkin Crunch Cake
Everyone will love this perfect pumpkin crunch cake!
- Mix the pumpkin mixture (per recipe below) and spread into a 9×13 pan.
- Sprinkle yellow cake mix evenly over the top of the batter.
- Top with pecans & drizzle melted butter over the top.
Let the cake cool completely and serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
How to Store
- In the Fridge: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days. Serve cold or reheat in the oven.
- In the Freezer: Leftovers can be frozen for up to four months. Freeze cooled portions in zippered bags with the date labeled on the outside for up to 4 weeks. Pop-out a portion and add it to a lunchbox or briefcase as a tasty mid-morning snack.
Perfect Pumpkin Desserts
Did your family love this Pumpkin Crunch Cake? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
Pumpkin Crunch Cake
Pumpkin Crunch Cake is the perfect fall dessert! A rich layer of pumpkin cake is topped with pecans and a simple 2 ingredient streusel.
Follow Spend with Pennies on Pinterest
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9×13 pan and set aside.
In a bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, & salt. Pour into the prepared pan.
Gently sprinkle the cake mix powder over the pumpkin mixture and top with pecans.
Drizzle melted butter over the cake mix & pecans layer.
Bake 25 minutes uncovered. Cover with foil and bake an additional 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and uncover (be careful, the steam will be hot). Cool completely.
Cut into squares and serve with ice cream.
Leftovers can be stored for up to 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Calories: 372, Carbohydrates: 44g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 21g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 72mg, Sodium: 328mg, Potassium: 230mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 28g, Vitamin A: 2977IU, Vitamin C: 3mg, Calcium: 154mg, Iron: 1mg
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.)
Keyword best pumpkin crunch cake, how to make pumpkin crunch cake, pumpkin crunch cake, pumpkin crunch cake recipe
Course Cake, Dessert
slightly adapted from Duncan Hines